If you plan on betting on horse racing, perhaps the most important detail to start with is the type of bets you can make. In the below we will cover the most popular and frequently used types of bet that any new bettor should know.
Types Of Bets
Below are the most frequently used bets in horse racing.
- Win bet – the most straight forward bet in horse betting in which you place a wager on the horse that you think will win the race. It is important to note that odds will play a big factor in this betting. Win bets should be reserved for when you are extremely confident in your bets.
- Place bets – similar to win bets, except you are betting on a https://bettingonline.nz/horse/ to finish within the top two positions. This is a much safer bet but also lacks the bigger pay-offs of win bets. Odds will play a big role in this type of betting. This is generally recommended when you know the front runners but are not confident enough to make a decision for first place.
- Show bets – similar to place bets, only encompassing the first three positions. As with place bets, your odds of winning are better but the potential pay-off will suffer as a result. This is one of the bets for new bettors to make, as with proper research, winning is very achievable.
- Exacta bat – a risky bet but with very favourable potential pay. A exacta bet will be predicting the horses in the top two positions and in the correct order.
- Reverse forecast – A reverse forecast is correctly selecting the horses who will place in the top two positions, in no particular order.
- Placepot bet – Similar to the show bets, but only over 6 different horses running is 6 different races. If one of your horses does not manage to place in the first three positions, the bet is lost. While risky, the odds are impressive.
- Trifecta – Similar to exacta bets, only relating to the top three positions. Trifecta would have a player select all three horses to finish in the first 3 positions and predict the exact order as well.
- Superfecta – Superfecta is similar to the trifecta, only pertaining to the top four positions. This is an extremely risky bet. If won, the superfecta can have you leaving with a very full wallet.
- Daily double – Similar to the win bet, only your horse would need to win two consecutive races to be a betting win.
The last main factor in to make your bets successful is finding value in your bets. If you are new to betting, make sure to check out a few articles to learn how to make the odds work for you. Even a great bet is not worth much if there is no value to be had.